What makes a great quote? It seems that it has little to do with who said it and more to do with how relatable it is to people in general. Want proof? Check out these quotes and see if you can guess who might have said them. (Answers at the end)
- “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.”
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, ‘I’m possible’.”
- “A lot of people give up just before they’re about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one.”
- “You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.”
- “Never a failure, always a lesson.”
- “The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.”
- “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting.”
- “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.”
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
How did you do?
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Albert Einstein
- Audrey Hepburn
- Chuck Norris
- Wayne Gretzky
- Dolly Parton
- Walt Disney
- Christopher Reeve
- Dr Seuss
Life is a continuous journey of learning. Quotes help us remember important advice and social media offers the chance to share our wisdom with those we love.
Quotes are great little tidbits of life lessons. They keep us thinking, laughing, questioning, striving, and sometimes even crying, but they connect us to ourselves and to each other.
We use and share quotes for many different reasons, whether it be inspiration, motivation or simply just conversation. As we found out, amazing quotes can come from unexpected sources. Have you ever said something and thought, “Hey, that would make a great quote!”?
If so, I’d love it if you click the comment button and share some of your personal wisdom with us! If you don’t think you’ve ever said anything quote-worthy, I encourage you to listen more closely, because I bet you have.